Online Affiliate Marketing is a revenue sharing venture between a website owner and an online merchant. The website owner wants to sell the merchant's products or to send potential customers to the merchant's website, all in exchange for a share of the profits.
Affiliate Marketing Program
An affiliate marketing program is sometimes called an affiliate program, but also may be referred to as a pay-for-performance program or an associate program. An affiliate program is a marketing tool for the e-business that operates it, called merchant or advertiser and a source of revenue for the e-business that participates in it, called an affiliate or associate or publisher.
There are three ways to earn money through affiliate marketing:
1) Pay Per Click or Cost-Per-Click Affiliate Programs: leading to the merchant & # 39; s website, a certain amount of money is deposited in the affiliate's account. This amount can be found on the product and amount of the commission.
2) Pay per Lead or Cost-per-lead Affiliate Programs: The merchant pays the affiliate for each visitor who clicks and takes action at the merchant's site, search as completing an online survey register at the site or opt-in to receive e-mail.
3) Pay per Sale or Cost-Per-Sale Affiliate Programs: Every time it is sold as a result of advertising on the affiliate's website, a percentage or commission, is deposited into the affiliate & # 39; ; s account.
The Amazon Story
The world's largest bookstore has one of the most successful examples of an affiliate program. Amazon now has well over 1 million affiliates! That's over 1 million websites promoting each other every single second of every single day. Amazon generates over 40% of its revenue through its affiliates program. That's over $ 3 billion in revenue every single year! As another (somewhat humble by comparison) example, Zeald generates over 50% of its revenue using its own unique affiliates program. Admittedly, not only billions of dollars, but that's millions of dollars in revenue every single year.
Thousand of various e-businesses operate affiliate programs: Eg barnes & nobel, dell, 1-800-flowers, rackspace managed hosting etc.
Affiliate Programs as a Marketing Tool
The two major Advantages to merchant
1. Tie marketing effort directly to a lead or sales.
2. The merchant pays only for results.
The two major advantages to affiliate
1. Additional source of revenue for associate who sells products / services
2. Primary source of revenue for affiliate who offers entertainment or information
Two Approaches to Operating a Successful Affiliate Marketing
1. Acquire a huge and affiliated membership. eg The Amazon associates programs have over 1 million members as diverse as:
– RVPart – Sells parts for recreational vehicles and motor homes.
– Dilbert – Site for view cartoons, play games, send electronic greeting cards etc
– Books for Managers – Business for business reviews and lists of business top business-related books provided by Business week, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and other publications.
– HaperCollins – Its website promotes its authors and their books. However, like many book publishers. HaperCollins sells books through bookstores and not directly to the public.
2. The products and services that are directly related to the merchant's products and services.
Affiliate Programs as a Revenue Source
Selecting the appropriate merchant and affiliate program for your e-business
– Understand the terms of the affiliate agreement
– Add custom links to merchant's site from affiliate web pages
– Build traffic at affiliate site to increase click-throughs to merchant site.
Top 10 Tips for Choosing the Affiliate Program That Is Right For You
1. You have a need for a product or service for which there is a need. The product should be that you would like to enjoy and promote it. You could start by searching for Affiliate Programs in the Search Engines.
2. The product or service should be relevant to your website.
3. It is always wise to join an affiliate program that is long standing, safe and secure and has a good reputation in the internet world. This can be easily verified from the Better Business Bureau or other similar organizations. Visits to Forums and Discussion Groups also wants to provide you with a lot of useful information.
4. Most 5% to 50% commission. The commission you earn for the sale of a product is your main income. So while choosing an affiliate program you should study at least 35% for you to run your business successfully.
5. There should be a proper tracking system in place to record all the clicks and sales made through the text links and banners placed on your website, e-mails and other advertisements.
6. One important factor that is often overlooked is the "hits per sale ratio". This is a text link or Banner to generate a sale. This will give you an idea as much as possible.
7. How often areissions paid? This is another important matter that should be considered. Most reputed organizations pay their affiliates monthly or when they accumulate a minimum commission of $ 50 to $ 100 or as indicated by you. You should avoid any program that requires too much sales to reach the minimum amount.
8. Affiliate Programs are generally single animal or two animals. A single animal program pays you for whatever business you have generated. By sub-affiliate, you have been sponsored. A two tier program is always advantageous.
9. Longstanding organizations provide a full range of tools and resources such as banners, text links, brochures, websites and training for their affiliates. When choosing to look for those organizations because they make it much easier and help you grow your home based business.
10. Finally, you must read and understand the agreement before you join as an affiliate even if it happens to be the best organization in the world.
Understanding the Affiliate Agreement
The Affiliate Agreement
– Types of links allowed and guidelines for their use.
– Technical specification that meets your web site, if any
– Restrictions on types of
– Requirements for compliance with all government laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
Affiliate Tracking Systems
– Allow merchant to control credits click-throughs
– Monitor window of time in which affiliate can get credit for a click-through
– Record and store affiliate information
– Provide commission / fee reports
Affiliate management networks
An affiliate management network is a third-party entity that enrolls affiliates, manages the registration process, tracks and properly credits all the fairy and agreements and arrangements for payment. In return for these services, the affiliate management network collects from the merchant a percentage of each referral transaction's fee or commission-maybe as much as 30 percent.
Affiliate tracking technologies
To achieve this we develop a strategic online relationship with advertisers to improve the creation, Management, and analysis of online marketing and sales activities. These activities are supported by a scalable and reliable tracking technology. Keeping track of the click-throughs and properly borrowing the affiliates is a complex programming task. Companies such as BeFree and ClickTrade sell software that automatically monitors and credits. Note that ClickTrade was acquired by Microsoft and is now co-branded as part of Microsoft bCentral.
– Tracking software
– Third party tracking software
– Application service provider tracking service
– Sub domain tracking
– Database record matching.
Affiliate Marketing Risks and Challenges
Affiliate Marketing is not for certain risks.
– Cookie stuffing – Multiple cookies placed on visitor's hard drive during a single visitor affiliate site.
– Spyware – This software has been downloaded on the following websites: http://www.spyware.com/support/files/support/files/support/files/support/files/support.html
– Parasiteware – Redirects affiliate links and Replaces content of existing tracking cookies
– Spammers – Merchant is responsible for using affiliate websites
– Negative perception of tracking cookies includes block tracking cookies and delete tracking cookies.
Why Affiliate Marketing Is Profitable for E-Business
If you've been considering affiliate marketing venture, there are some very good reasons why you should go with this method of generating recurring revenue. Here are some of the ways that affiliate marketing can be made to make it profitable.
– One of the first advantages of affiliate marketing for the new entrepreneur is that the startup cost is very low. Most companies do not offer any kind of monetary investment on the part of the affiliate.
– The second expenses are related to the Internet, the software you may need to load on your computer, and a web site. With web site hosting seeks to be a breeze.
– Another reason that affiliate marketing is such a moneymaker is the fact that there are so many different types of ways to set up the program. You can go with the pay per click option, which works great when it comes to promoting special offers. Ads that often lead to product reviews are often lost on the items they purchase.
First Thing's First-Avoiding Thesis Silly Affiliate Marketing Mistakes!
While affiliate marketing is a great way to earn a living, the fact that many people have become discouraged and drop out of programs. In many instances, the failure to make successful with affiliate marketing has a few simple mistakes. Here are some examples of those mistakes and why they should be avoided.
– A low-quality website with no original content and tossing in some affiliate links. While it is necessary to make an effort to get the word out of your website. Otherwise, the chances of people visiting your web site and clicking on one of the links are pretty slim.
– Another mistake many affiliate partners do not have products that have any relevance to the content of your web site.
– Keeping your website content and ads more attractive. Now, this may seem intuitive – but many make this mistake in subtle ways (ie they mismatch their customers with products).
– One last mistake that many affiliate marketers make their web sites from time to time. Keeping the content fresh and looking at each other is a successful affiliate marketer. The fact that you have to proactively promote your site, keep the content fresh.
What You Need to Get Started and Affiliate Marketing
While there is not a lot of expense in starting up as an affiliate marketer, there are a few things that you need to do if you really want to make money marketing other people's products.
Here are some basic tips to help you get your first sign up for the first affiliate program.
– One of the basic needs for any successful affiliate program is to have a web site of your own. While it is possible to invest in the world of the success of your program. Google Adwords. Animation or other fancy bells and whistles.
– In fact, if you plan on focusing your attention on an affiliate marketing strategy, that's the home consumer you're looking for. After all, dial-up is still extremely popular in a number of locations.
– Online payments are a great way to get your affiliate payments and keep track of your earnings. From this angel, you may want to look into an account with one of the more popular online services that send and receive funds. ig PayPal
– Another important aspect is determining just what your contact information will be about communication with your affiliate program. This would be an email address and physical mailing address. The email address should be set aside for your marketing business.
How to Pick the Best Product with the Best Payout and Great Demand
– One of the first things to think about when it comes to affiliate marketing. One of the keys to picking the best products for you. As an example, a person who has worked in telecommunications for a number of years probably wants to know a great deal about telephony, related services, and technology that are used within that industry.
– Another aspect of the article is to be found in English. Finding a Population or Business Sector that appears to be ignored in the marketing process can provide the inspiration you need to create a successful affiliate marketing program.
– Do not allow yourself to be discouraged simply because everything is not clear as you begin this part of the process.
In the end, you will find the products that will lead to a a successful revenue stream, but also a lot of personal satisfaction.
Recommended Top Affiliate Networks on the Internet
When you decide to enter the world of affiliate marketing, there are a number of markets that are worthy of consideration. Here are three programs that have caught the attention of a lot of people, simply because of their stability and reliability.
1. Perhaps the best known of the three programs is Click Bank: clickbank. ClickBank is looking for an attractive option when it comes to affiliate programs. One aspect is that the revenue generated by the transaction is credited to your account within two minutes of the completion of the transaction. Because Click Bank provides a comprehensive tracking program.
2. pavdotcom is an excellent choice as an affiliate network. Just as with ClickBank, PayDotCom provides an easy to use affiliate interface that allows you to view your numbers in real time. You can easily track the data as it passes through the portal on your web site. One of the advantages of PayDotCom is that it wants to interface with your PayPal account, which means you can send your monthly account directly to your PayPal account. PayPal as a payment method, so you can still receive payments by check as well.
3. Shareasale is a third option that is rapidly gaining recognition among affiliate marketers. As a program that is designed to match the content of your existing web site, Share is free to join as an affiliate.
Rising to the Super Affiliate Level – What Constitutes a Super Affiliate?
A great affiliate is a marketing affiliate that has created a high volume of traffic to affiliate products. The super affiliate is not one who reaches this level once, or even once in a great while.
– Creativity is a hallmark of a super affiliate. The same old information is new ways to keep people interested. Super affiliates know how to look at products from a variety of different angles, determine a series of ways to present the product, and then go to an audience to match up with each one of those ways. For the super affiliate, there is always one more way to draw attention to a product, and find a larger audience than ever before.
– Another characteristic of a great affiliate is the desire and ability to master technology. This is not necessarily becoming an expert in information technology. But it does not matter what it is.
– Making the most of your status as a super affiliate means enjoying the opportunities that come to you through word of mouth; thus, it means to increase your visibility.
The Super Affiliate Marketing Tactics Exposed!
So what is it that makes a great deal? Why is that super affiliate rake in the cash while you struggle to get by? Think about this carefully: you are both selling the exact same product. The only possible difference is the tactics you use to market it. Below, we have a couple of tactics that we should use to sell more like super affiliates. Try to incorporate them into your strategy.
Tactic # 1: Play the Long Game
Whenever there is a new launch, they will throw together a promotional website; and try to use traffic to pay per click search engines advertisements or solo ads. But there is a major flaw with this approach: almost without exception, people want to purchase a "big launch" product from an Internet marketer they already know this an approach that will work consistently for years to make more sales.
Tactic # 2: Steal from Super Affiliates Whenever Possible
Many super affiliates are so big name internet marketers. They have public personas that we can follow quite easily. We can find their user's ld's, blogs, mailing lists and their web site's. Through this approach we can learn from each of them.
Tactic # 3: Ignore Talk; Look for Revealed Preference
Talk is just that: talk. Many Internet marketers want to talk about all the different methods you can use to make money. They will tell you to advertise using Google AdWords or build a list or create viral reports. While some of this information may be useful and legitimate, we should ignore what they say.
Tactic # 4: Make Friends with the Seller
Believe it or not, the seller wants you to succeed, too see if he has any particular advice for you on selling the product. (19459002) Keep in mind that he talks about a lot of affiliates on a regular basis (especially around big launches) and has the best understanding of the tactics they are using.
Become a Supreme Affiliate Marketing: Additional Supreme Affiliate Marketing Tips
If you want to make a six figure income – and possibly a seven figure income – then you have to do something that is really different than what you are doing now Here's the suggestion:
Tip # 1: Start Acting Like a Business Owner
If you're looking for a successful affiliate product marketer , you have to find people who can augment your wea kness (and trust me, no matter how smart you are, you have plenty of weaknesses). Additionally, affiliate marketers do not work in isolation. Most of them are friends with the marketers who sell products for; and this gives you much more and more than you have access to. To start thinking of yourself as a business owner, rather than a completely self sufficient internet marketer.
Tip # 2: Concentrate on Regular Sales
Regular sales are easier to quantify and predict; and, for that reason, it is much easier to continuously ramp up. So do not worry if you're the top affiliate for some major new product launch. Instead, focus on regular sales and regular increases in sales.
Tip # 3: Do What They Do – Not What They Say
Observe the channels of market through which he Promotes his product. Watch carefully to determine what methods he & # 39; s using to make sales, so you can replicate his successes, rather than chasing after dreams he's written about.
We may conclude that this is the right time for you. Going through the above entire process wants to be a learning curve for new entrepreneurs who are serious about starting a successful home based business. So there is opportunity for business students and young entrepreneurs to develop a simple website with limited budget. $ 100 to $ 200 (Approximately). You can increase your business growth by adopting the approach where you can.
Finally there's no affiliate marketing riches – and that's a good thing. Instead, there are many pathways through which you can make your millions. So scout carefully, look for functional methods you can use and implement them in your own efforts. You may be surprised with the results. But whatever you do – you have not worked in the past. Always think like super affiliates because they use a range of tactics and adopt different ways in order to consistently outperform other affiliates. But one thing you should always play the long game and build lists, create forums, and secure a captive audience in advance of product releases.
The Author indented to Ms.Umera Imtinan, Lecturer Comsats Unversity, Lahore for her suggestion to write this article.
1. Napier Albert. "Book: Creating a Winning E-Business," 2nd Edition, p256-257
2. Article, "Affiliate Marketing," Zeald.com / Services.
3. Article, "Affiliate Marketing Strategy for E-Business". Business, "resources.alibaba.com."
4. Article, "Affiliate tracking," "kleindesigns.com."
5th Online Book, "Super Affiliate Marketing Secrets: Gain the Edge You Need to Become A Super Affiliate Marketer "" free-ebooks. "
6. Internet Article," Top 10 Tips for Choosing the Affiliate Program That Is Right For You "," articlesbase.com "
Source by Muhammad Shahzad Naveed