Once you've made the decision to sell your home, there are many important factors you should consider.
First, hire a professional sales associate. Selling a home takes a lot of hard work and knowledge. By working with a professional realtor, you are able to take advantage of the services of an experienced professional with advanced training in real estate sales, and who is competent, efficient and ethical.
You'll want to hire a realtor who is knowledgeable about your specific neighborhood and properties for sale in it. Be cautious though because many realtors claim to 'experts' in all areas but this is rarely true. A trained professional can help you to:
* Price your home accurately by providing you with an up-to-date Comparable Market Analysis report
* Advertise your home in the most visible outlets in your area
* Hold open houses
* Access out-of-town buyers through national internet marketing strategies
* Suggest easy ways to make your home more attractive to potential buyers
* Explore alternative financing methods that can help relieve a potential buyer's financing concerns
* Scan the Multiple Listing Service to locate active buyers and put thousands of additional realtors to work for you
* Act as a third-party negotiator between you and the buyer, making sure the selling price and the buying price are optimal for both parties
* Screen prospects so you don't have to expose your family to any stranger that knocks in your door
Price your home
By placing a realistic price and then customizing a sales and marketing program to target potential buyers, you can ensure maximum exposure to your property.
Marketing Your Home
A solid marketing plan will help you sell your home by distinguishing your home in the marketplace. This plan should include newspaper, Internet, open houses, signs, mls, etc.
Multiple listing service
The Multiple Listing Service is a service offered exclusively to realtors and is often the key to selling a home quickly. It's another way to help ensure that your property will dramatically increase it's exposure in the marketplace. By listing your property on the MLS, a professional realty associate can dramatically increase your home's exposure and enlist the efforts of all local realtors.
The Importance of Curb Appeal
Curb appeal refers to everything that a prospective buyer can see from the street. Curb appeal is critical in generating traffic and making a good first impression. Here are some strategies for improving your curb appeal.
* Manicure your lawn and shrubbery
* Pressure clean your driveway and street in front of home
* Clear debris off any walkways
* Keep flower beds clean and well-maintained
* Trim trees
* Clean your windows
* Clean your roof
* Update the exterior of your home with fresh paint and electrical fixtures
* Add landscaping where necessary
Preparing Your Home to Show
You want to begin by make your home look as clean and spacious as possible so get rid of as much clutter as you can. You may want to have a garage sale, rent a storage unit, or call your favorite charity to remove any unnecessary junk that you have lying around. Next, remove things from countertops in kitchens and bathrooms. Pack up any collections, photos and knick-knacks. If you have pets around the house, make sure that you secure them and keep them contained. The last thing you need is to have your pets getting in the way of checking out the home. Remember you want to make it easy for prospective buyers to imagine your house as their home, so give them room to dream.
After you have done the extensive cleaning, try to correct any cosmetic flaws. Paint interior walls if needed, re-grout tile walls and floors, clean, remove or replace any worn-out carpeting, update faucets in kitchen and bathrooms, replace dated light fixtures and add new handles or knobs to your kitchen drawers and cabinets. In short, make your home look the best it has ever looked.
Hosting at open house
Another way you can expose your property is by holding an open house, thus creating maximum visibility in the neighborhood. An open house allows an opportunity for prospective buyers to browse and view your property freely. You want prospective buyers to feel relaxed, giving them enough time to picture and place themselves in the property.
Showing your home
People often feel uncomfortable taking their time, speaking openly and asking questions in front of the current owners. You want them to feel free to ask questions or address any concerns. Sometimes, it's best to step outside while your Realtor shows your home. This allows your prospects to ask any questions and to comment on the home without feeling guilty. Any questions that your realtor can't answer can be addressed by you on their way out.
When an offer is presented, you have the option to accept it, reject it, or counter it. One of the best reasons to hire a real estate associate is that an associate is trained in the negotiation process. Considering similar comps and judging the buyer's position are things that a trained realtor can help you do when considering offers.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Source by Enid Glasgow